We have helped build over 1,000 web projects and applications. Here's some we are most proud of.
- Content Ecosystem Planning
- .NET Content Management
- Infrastructure & Devops
BlueModus delivered responsive layouts, touch interactions and cross-browser support—for a greatly improved brand and UX on all devices.
Management of 42Below Vodka’s online initiatives was spread across platforms, and around the globe. To create a better customer experience, the team needed to consolidate them into a single, centrally-managed system. Not just any platform would do. The new site had to be able to bring creative and social interactions to life.
BlueModus partnered with UK agency Ubiquitous to redesign and consolidate 42Below’s initiatives on the Kentico platform. It delivered responsive layouts, more touch interactions and cross-browser support—for a greatly improved brand and customer experience on all devices.
BlueModus streamlined engagement with Ace Scholarship's audience, reduced maintenance costs and simplified site administration.
ACE Scholarships, a Colorado based non-profit that assists low-income families realize the dream of their children attending private school in preparation for college, needed a responsive, modern website through which they could engage donors and scholarship recipients.
- BlueModus made use of Kentico’s localization features to enable a multi-lingual site.
- The new platform streamlined engagement with its audience, reduced maintenance costs and simplified the website’s administration.
BlueModus completed Alight's new intranet in just 8 weeks, implementing entirely new branding under extremely secure conditions.
Alight's new intranet presented a unique challenge: due to acquisition, an MVP version of the project needed to be live in just 8 weeks. Compounding this issue: entirely new company branding still in progress meant that initial site development and design needed to happen without branding available.
- BlueModus used Agile development methodology to meet tight deadlines.
- Since company branding would come very late in the project, BlueModus recommended a tile-based and responsive layout capable of accommodating any branding.
- Due to strict governance models, the project also needed to be extremely secure. BlueModus built the whole project while working through the client's VPN, as well as used an MVC development model to help manage security concerns.
- BlueModus successfully surmounted all challenges to meet all deadlines and achieve an on-time launch.
BlueModus delivered a modern web presence for the Association, capable of managing both its home office and over 75 local chapter sites.
The Alzheimer's Association needed to migrate to a more modern, responsive web portal that could serve its diverse audience, as well as more efficiently manage its home office and over 75 different local chapter sites.
- A Kentico-based solution uses role and permission schemes configured to allow proper access to editors of both the national and chapter sites within the same platform, currently supporting more than 1,000 user roles and permissions.
- The new site features multiple complex integrations, including Blackbaud, to manage events and incoming leads and an extensive custom chapter/location search tool.
- Localization features were used to generate a Spanish language mirror site.
American Enterprise Group
BlueModus designed and developed a system of templates and re-usable modules allowing AEG to create multiple sites from one Kentico instance.
American Enterprise Group (AEG) wished to migrate their multiple insurance websites to Kentico from several different platforms. While each site featured unique branding, they also shared many common elements. AEG required a single system to build and manage all of these sites.
- BlueModus designed and developed a system of templates and re-usable modules to facilitate a flexible page creation system, allowing the AEG team to build out new websites and individual pages within Kentico.
- Content editors can control all AEG sites within the same Kentico instance, using a shared library of over 20 widgets, several page templates, and a variety of tile layout options, in order to customize each brand site.
- New sites can now be quickly produced, and additional widgets are added to the shared library as needed over time.
American Health Law Association
The American Health Law Association engaged BlueModus in a redesign and migration of its website from SharePoint to Kentico Xperience.
In addition to migrating their existing website from SharePoint to Kentico Xperience and a rebrand, ultimately, the American Health Law Association (AHLA) wanted to provide a better experience to their members, as well as their editors. They wanted seamless experiences when accessing different platforms, as well as simplified content management and a content model that allowed greater flexibility in content delivery. Additionally, the website had multiple integrations, including AHLA’s CRM – Microsoft Dynamics and their LMS – Elevate.
- BlueModus utilized Kentico Xperience as the Content Management System (CMS) as it greatly decreased complexity for AHLA’s content editors, allowing them to make quick, easy edits.
- To help improve the editing and approval process, BlueModus implemented content staging that allows the content editors to work in a content staging environment and sync the approved content to production.
- Furthermore, Kentico Xperience served as a “hub” around which several integration points, including AHLA’s CRM and LMS, which are both business-critical to their organization.
- BlueModus utilized Kentico’s API and scheduled tasks to help with the numerous third-party integrations involved in powering the website.
BlueModus built a major new product for Aon, a highly customizable and duplicatable website used for employee insurance signups.
Aon needed to launch a major client product, a website used for employee insurance signups, customizable for specific offerings, while still maintaining integrity over key options and messaging.
- BlueModus built a custom tool that quickly and easily replicates all site pages, content, assets, media libraries, and settings
- Using macros, many areas of site content can be overwritten for client-specific options, and in some areas, customizable content, all the way down to specific sentences
- Major businesses such as Starbucks and Motorola use AON’s customizable site for their employee insurance signups
- Dozens of client sites per Kentico Instance
Amgen - Xgeva
BlueModus, using agile development methods, coordinated an on-time launch for Amgen's Xgeva healthcare provider website relaunch.
Pharmaceutical giant Amgen needed to completely reimagine the marketing of Xgeva to healthcare providers, including new materials, design, and website to relaunch with a companion patient website.
- The overhaul was a constantly morphing project, in which content and design had not yet been vetted by medical, legal, or regulatory teams
- BlueModus met rigorous deadlines and challenges through collaboratively working with Amgen’s other agencies, scaling our team at a moment’s notice
- Using agile development methods, BlueModus coordinated an on-time launch, timed simultaneously with Amgen's patient-facing version of the site
While upgrading the site from Kentico Xperience 10 to 12, BlueModus helped relaunch the site with an improved content organization and a cleaner design.
In addition to upgrading to the latest version of Kentico Xperience, leveraging an MVC architecture and updating their website design, Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI) wanted help in creating a sensible flow to get website users to the right information. The complex relationships between AGI’s products, missions, roles, and their software’s technical documentation had made this very challenging in the previous site structure.
BlueModus focused heavily on the taxonomy during the information architecture phase of the project to ensure the right information can be found by various visitors and paths. Using Kentico Xperience's ability to associate page types creating a rich cross-linking and taxonomy strategy helped ensure that those items were strongly linked and update automatically throughout widgets and related content views. This helped ensure that relevant articles, blog posts, and technical tips appear according to various products or by the professional role of the web visitor.
BlueModus completed a three-pronged program for Arthritis.org to consolidate and expand its web properties onto the Kentico Xperience 12 MVC platform with a fresh design and flexible editing experience.
BlueModus was tasked with migrating and combining two existing web properties for the Arthritis Foundation and creating a third into a single Kentico Xperience instance while helping the client organize and make accessible a vast knowledge contained in 5,000+ web documents. The main site was migrated from Crownpeak, the community forum was upgraded from Portal Engine to MVC, and a brand new volunteer community was launched with great enthusiasm. The Arthritis Team wanted to build a web experience that provided those affected by arthritis and their caregivers with the tools, guidance, information, and community that will make their lives better, while also increasing engagement with volunteers and donors.
- BlueModus started with a very detailed information architecture process to determine how best to take the two existing web properties, add volunteer community, and create a single cohesive web property that met the needs of the full Arthritis organization.
- The flexibility of Kentico Xperience as a rapid development platform enabled BlueModus to respond to new opportunities revealed during the development process and to pivot as new information was gathered from Arthritis’ stakeholders and beta users.
- A proprietary event management system was integrated using scheduled tasks to regularly transfer data into Kentico’s CMS.
- BlueModus utilized the open API and advanced workflow of Kentico Xperience to easily allow the migration of structured data from the existing web properties to the new web property.
- Kimbia/GiveGab forms were integrated to collect donations.
- Utilizing the digital marketing and email features of Kentico Xperience allowed Arthritis’ content authors to be trained and work within one system for content authoring of web pages and emails.
While also implementing a new design, BlueModus migrated ASBMB’s website from the Ektron content management system (CMS) to Kentico Xperience 12’s new MVC architecture.
ASBMB wanted to update its public-facing website with a modern design, a more responsive mobile-friendly experience, an improved user-experience that allowed customers to better find resources and assets, improved content presentation, and migration of the existing content from their existing content management system Ektron to Kentico Xperience. Importing the large quantity of content proved to be the largest challenge within the project.
Importing content from the Ektron content management was handled with a custom HTTP scraper and a Kentico Xperience's API methods. With MVC being newer and ASBMB having a complex content model with lots of hierarchical loading and page type inheritance, creating simple POCOs and Kentico queries to load the data efficiently required planning and tuning. Some pages that held ASBMB’s conference information required over 120 tree nodes to load for a single page. Streamlining that number of queries and caching was difficult, but in the end, BlueModus was able to migrate the existing content and data to ASBMB’s new content management system.
Additionally, BlueModus implemented a hierarchical tree structure for ASBMB’s content editors to be able to drag and drop different elements within Kentico Xperience to keep content in the content tab and in the tree rather than in widget properties. This allowed BlueModus to load page content based on mini-content items for various design components. Shared content in the tree also allowed for content to be displayed in different widgets and layouts throughout the site.
Asia Transpacific Journeys
BlueModus provided a new integrated solution that allowed ATJ's clientele to carry out all its various travel-related tasks online.
Asia Transpacific Journeys (ATJ), a US-based travel company, needed a solution to allow their clientele to carry out various travel-related tasks, such as completing trip waivers and making payments through a private portal that integrated with their FileMaker database system.
- BlueModus used Kentico Custom Forms due to FileMaker integration, as well as creative from the client, to recreate existing forms.
- The site was designed to allow for as much CMS text editing access as possible, including HTML emails that are sent to the customer upon submission that were previously not editable.
- Data export and import functions were used to copy existing customer data into Kentico, and a full FileMaker data layer was created to ensure the quality of service and error handling.
To allow easier and more efficient content publishing and email marketing, BlueModus moved its website from its custom-built content management system (CMS) to Kentico Xperience.
Move from their old, custom-built CMS to a modern tool that allowed their team to easily and efficiently publish several pieces of content on a daily basis. Additionally, enable more streamlined email marketing capabilities for daily newsletters to thousands of subscribers. Lastly, because they are a publishing site, revenue generation and the stats behind it are key - so incorporating easy banner ad management, sponsorship functionality and rich data collection was critical.
Kentico Xperience allowed BlueModus to create a very robust content model giving authors the ability to create new articles, events, products and other pieces of content to be dynamically displayed across the site and within their daily emails. Xperience's category management tool was leveraged significantly here - enabling dynamic content to be displayed throughout the site - further helping ease the authoring burden and simplifying the daily publishing process.
The application sends dozens of emails a week to hundreds of thousands of subscribers – Xperience’s built-in email marketing feature helps the team to easily create these newsletters, track performance, and gain more holistic views of their user base.
Bacardi needed infrastructure to support 200 global brands and a platform to handle localization in more than 30 markets. BlueModus delivered.
Balancing their international presence with region-specific messages, the web team at Bacardi Limited’s needs were twofold. They needed web infrastructure to support more than 200 global brands and hundreds of agencies managing more than 1,700 online properties. And they needed a new platform that could handle localization in more than 30 markets for their three flagship properties.
BlueModus built a stable and scalable web presence for Bacardi on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Everyone loved it—from the agencies to the regional marketers to the developers—and all online marketing metrics increased. Bacardi’s flagship websites were also rebuilt on Kentico, including mobile-optimized and modern branding, and a unique hub-and-spoke architecture to balance global and local concerns.
Leveraging Ball Corp’s corporate branding, BlueModus created a rich microsite providing information around the new Ball Aluminum Cups – helping facilitate a strategic partnership with Amazon Fulfillment.
Ball Corp. is traditionally more of a B2B facing business, so their existing website was built to serve that audience. The Ball Aluminum Cups Team needed a microsite that was more consumer-facing with a design that spoke to the personas they were targeting. They needed a simple solution that would work with a few content editors and allow for quick changes. Most of all, they needed a site that could be completed on a very aggressive timeline to meet their 2020 marketing plan and the start of the online ordering through Amazon.
- Kentico Experience’s MVC architecture allowed BlueModus to quickly develop a fully functional microsite in a compressed timeline and budget.
- The ability to quickly build a complex content model and expose powerful widgets within the CMS enabled Ball Corp’s content editors.
- The entire project from the start of design to build took only four weeks with training and content authoring quickly following.
BlueModus developed a fully scalable and completely customizable Kentico solution for Bayer to consolidate its many web properties.
Bayer Healthcare needed to consolidate multiple web properties and applications into a single consumer-focused platform for all US Bayer Diabetes Care activity. They required a robust CMS that could handle custom functionality and complex integrations.
- BlueModus developed a fully scalable and completely customizable solution, consolidating traffic and functionality from eight existing sites.
- Bayer globally standardized to the recommended Kentico CMS platform, resulting in the optimization of their resources, and allowing local marketing teams the flexibility to address issues specific to their markets, as well as real-time content updating of their sites.
- Bayer saw significant cost savings as a result of moving to the new platform.
BB&K Law worked with BlueModus on ways to reduce the number of systems it was currently using to power its public-facing website, as well as help automate manual processes.
BB&K Law wanted to migrate to Kentico Xperience as its CRM solution since it was already using this platform as its CMS. Additionally, BB&K Law wanted to reduce the number of steps its content editors were taking from creating their Insights on the CMS and then recreating as an email campaign. BB&K Law wanted to set-up a marketing automation flow that would funnel new subscriptions into the correct marketing group. And finally, BB&K Law wanted to begin leveraging the Kentico email solution to send their marketing emails.
- Utilizing Kentico Xperience, BlueModus created a Marketing automation flow for BB&K Law where a new user will complete their subscription form with selected frequency and the new contact will be placed into the accurate contact group.
- BlueModus created automation where if a new Insight, Webinar, Event, or almost any page is created, the BB&K Law editors can select to create an email with that same content. The editors are then able to edit that email further or simply select to send it to the appropriate contact groups.
- BlueModus created several widgets that BB&K Law can leverage to send ad-hoc emails as well as their automated ones
Using Kentico Cloud, BlueModus leveraged a content-first approach to successfully built the TeamBlue site in just over two weeks’ time.
TeamBlue, the collaborative venture between BlueModus and BlueKey, needed to build a new website, on a tight timeframe and budget, that would demonstrate the breadth and depth of our combined agency expertise.
- The team selected the Kentico Cloud platform for development, leveraging its content-first approach to successfully built the site in just over two weeks’ time.
- To save time and budget, a bootstrap template was used for design. Kentico Cloud boilerplate project and code generators also allowed for a quick build.
- This project allowed Team Blue to achieve a valuable co-marketing presence, and deliver a site that is a strong validator in the association space.
BlueModus re-engineered Blue Rhino's site for a better, responsive user experience that also allows website editors to easily keep content updated.
Blue Rhino, the leading propane dealer in the U.S, had a site that was not mobile-friendly. The Location Finder, their most important site tool, was not properly prioritized, and didn’t work on their mobile site. Plus, hard-coded site text made editing content a tough chore.
- The location finder was overhauled, including implementing a one-click approach for users to get directions to the nearest Blue Rhino retailer.
- Template-based widgets were utilized to allow content editors to easily keep the site updated.
- The site was re-engineered for a better, responsive user experience, with no more than three levels deep of content.
- Site performance was improved dramatically, with page load times reduced from 3-4 seconds to around 300-400 ms.
BlueModus converted CAEL's portal to a Kentico-based site that enabled staff to update and manage everything in one simple interface.
CAEL’s LearningCounts group had an old, buggy learning management system that overcomplicated maintenance and overworked its staff. The system wouldn’t be able to handle the nonprofit’s projected growth. And worst of all, it was driving students away with errors and complexities.
BlueModus converted the LearningCounts portal to a Kentico-based website that enables the staff to update and manage everything in one simple interface. With the new platform, LearningCounts is well on its way to realizing its target growth. And students are sticking around: course completion rates have increased by almost 15 percent.
Chester’s Chicken came to BlueModus looking to redesign and re-platform their website from a proprietary content management system (CMS) to Kentico Xperience in an 8-week time frame.
Chester’s Chicken had a very aggressive timeline for BlueModus to help re-launch their website on a new content management system. This relaunched website had to be built on Kentico Xperience, showcase their new design, have a retailer portal behind a login, a document library utilizing Azure for search and navigations, and integrate with SSO and MS Dynamics CRM – all in 8 weeks.
With the tight timeline, BlueModus had to work with the team at Chester’s Chicken to keep the requirements of the project narrowed to only the minimal viable product (MVP) for launch. BlueModus broke the project into sprints and utilized demos with the Chester’s Chicken team to give high visibility on what had been built at the end of each sprint. This helped to reduce risk and ensure the MVP would satisfy Chester Chicken’s needs for launch. Additionally, the tight timeline meant both teams – BlueModus and Chester’s Chicken – had to be diligent, transparent, and highly communicative that no new scope was introduced into the project. Anything new or nice-to-have had to be flagged and moved to the backlog for post-launch. In the end, BlueModus was able to successfully launch Chester Chicken’s redesigned and re-platformed MVP website on time and on budget.
BlueModus developed an interactive, dynamic relationship marketing site for Cisco that created a unique targeted end user experience.
Cisco wished to form tailored relationships with key decisions makers at various government agencies who could benefit from its “Unified Communications” products. Based on specific behavioral criteria, they wished to identify federal employees most likely to want to buy its products.
- BlueModus helped Cisco develop a custom CMS and processes for creating a unique and targeted end user experience.
- An interactive, brandable and dynamic relationship marketing site was built and integrated with an email campaign that could share data with, and utilize data from the engine.
- This resulted in a dynamic, engaging and completely integrated relationship marketing, so successful it was then deployed to other Cisco product lines.
BlueModus created a responsive, robust, and secure Kentico site to showcase Coalfire's new design as a data security-based company.
Coalfire was in need of an updated, responsive website, that would showcase their new design and provide them with a CMS that was easy for their staff to edit and manage. As a data security-based company, Coalfire needed a platform that was itself a proven secure solution.
- BlueModus created a responsive Kentico site and content management system that showcases Coalfire's new design
- The updated site included new page types, interactive map functionality, as well as a separate digital forensics blog for Coalfire Labs
- Coalfire's new Kentico site provides them a robust and secure platform, onto which they've been able to successfully base all future updates and upgrades
CREW Network could more easily and efficiently manage their web presence with a scalable, long-term digital solution from BlueModus.
The brand look and feel of CREW Network’s existing site was outdated and did not support its many chapter sites well. With poor analytics and unreliable integrations, they were looking to pave the way for a scalable, long term digital solution.
- Kentico’s Multi-site capability was used to support over 40 chapter sites. BlueModus built a custom chapter builder tool that is able to create new chapter sites in mere minutes. Content is then syndicated and shared between the main site and chapter sites.
- BlueModus performed numerous integrations throughout the build of the site to improve analytics and functionality.
- The new site’s more modern look and feel better suited their audience, and empowered CREW Network staff and chapters to more easily and efficiently manage their web presence.
BlueModus built a consolidated site for Dewar’s to promote their international marketing that could be locally customized for every market.
Dewar’s, the fifth largest blended whisky brand in the world and the top-seller in the USA, needed a consolidated site to promote their international marketing under a new message –“Live True” that could be locally customized to suit each particular culture and market.
Dura-Bar’s ERP migration required them to rebuild their customer portal, so they leveraged BlueModus and Kentico Xperience’s MVC platform.
Given that their ERP system was changing, Dura-bar wanted to re-platform their existing customer portal to Kentico Xperience. They wanted to replicate all current functionality and to add new features and functionality that were previously too cumbersome to consider in their existing customer portal, and provide a smooth transition to their customers. But the greatest challenge posed was timing. Because of the immovable cutover dates, the integration with the ERP had to be started before the ERP architecture was completed. Additionally, the new application had to continue to support very complex user groups that included several different user types, all of whom have different permissions, and where every user can be more than one type.
- To combat the time constraints, BlueModus focused the client and our team on a minimum viable product (MVP) approach to ensure that we met the deadline needed for the ERP cutover.
- BlueModus implemented Kentico Xperience because of its abilities for rapid development and to pivot, when necessary, and work ahead, where possible, without losing time or effort.
- Kentico’s Users and Roles were utilized with content personalization to handle the diverse needs, permissions, and authentication mechanisms needed for the different user groups.
BlueModus created a Veeva-based iPad presentation full of animation and interactivity for Dyax reps to engage health care providers.
The sales team at Dyax was ready to embrace interactive detailing for its Kalbitor drug, but needed implementation help. The solution needed to live on Veeva, which they already used for CRM and scheduling. Along with interactivity, it needed to be integrated with email and compatible with CoBrowse. And it needed to be responsive, so reps could make presentations remotely from iPads.
BlueModus created a Veeva-based presentation full of imagery, animation and interactivity that reps could use to engage health care providers. It features animated efficacy charts and mechanisms of action, along with a scrolling sidebar with important safety information—all aimed at enhancing the message and increasing comprehension. We developed the solution using our Veeva build system for rapid iteration and deployment.
BlueModus migrated the EKS&H website to an Azure environment they could control and then have audited for further improvements.
EKS&H, a professional services firm offering audit and tax consulting, asked BlueModus for support in migrating their website, hosted on physical servers with a third party, to an Azure environment they could control.
- BlueModus organized and orchestrated the migration with EKS&H and its vendor, by acquiring backups of the database and code, establishing a new server instance, configuring web and SQL servers, setting up continuous integration, and testing functionality and security.
- This migration allowed EKS&H to take full control over its site, leading to a request for a complete site audit, uncovering flaws in site’s original integration. As a result, BlueModus provided recommendations for cleaning up the back-end, allowing in a continuation of work to
help EKS&H build on improving their site.
Gap needed BlueModus to create a career development portal offering resources, tools, and training for use at all their stores worldwide.
Gap Inc., the leading global specialty retailer, needed a career development program that would drive employee engagement and utilization by offering a framework for building careers as well as a library of development resources, tools and training via an online portal.
- BlueModus built a full featured LMS system that that fully integrated with Gap’s corporate HRIS systems
- Application was customized to meet the needs of both the corporate team and store employees and was specifically tailored to operate on store kiosks and tablets.
- This application is used at every Gap and Banana Republic retail location worldwide.
To achieve a more unified digital presence for Generac's many sites, BlueModus created a strategic roadmap and then tackled development projects of all sizes.
Generac came to BlueModus with a digital presence that lacked a unified experience. They had been maintaining a number of disparate systems across multiple instances of their CMS and were eager to find solutions to simplify an overly complex ecosystem.
- BlueModus collaborated with Generac to understand their largest pain points, challenges, and goals, then created an iterative strategic plan of action.
- With a roadmap in place, the quickest and most urgent fixes were taken care of first.
- As budget and timing allowed, larger projects were tackled, such as merging sites to enable easier management, upgrading to the latest CMS versions, updating the primary user experience – and more.
Generator Source works with BlueModus on on-going support and enhancements to their public-facing website.
Accurate product inventory is critical to Generator Source’s business, especially when item quantities are depleted. Generator Source needed to ensure their inventory was accurate not only in their backend systems, but also when displayed on its public-facing website.
BlueModus worked with the team at Generator Source to link its inventory management system to their content management system, Kentico Xperience to appropriately update based on sales and inventory data. Previously, when the content moved within the public-facing website, a new URL was assigned. This made it difficult to manage links on the site and inventory of products. By maintaining the canonical URL, but updating the content and then applying a “sold out” banner, the website site was updated without impacting user experience. Best of all, visitors could now browse the full inventory of products whether available for purchase or not.
BlueModus created a Kentico-based intranet for Horizon to provide a more robust user experience, supporting dozens of departments.
Horizon Pharma was in need of an intranet as an alternative to their MS SharePoint build-out, that could provide a more robust user experience, including complex editing workflows, personalization for users based on their role in the company, and outbound messaging to internal staff.
- BlueModus provided a Kentico EMS platform to support dozens of departments with a powerful free-form layout.
- Complex workflows support content contributors with multi-step approvals for new content in a highly regulated environment.
- The intranet is personalized based on visitors’ role in the company to present content that is actionable and relevant to them.
- The project exceeded target usage metrics, with 100% of the company returning daily to the site in its first week and continuing to visit frequently.
HP News Now
BlueModus implemented a complex, highly customized, award-winning Kentico intranet, which is used by more than 150,000 HP employees.
HP’s corporate communications team needed a new website to serve as its employee portal, intranet dashboard and news site. The platform had to support many integrated systems, high traffic volume and a complex multimedia interface that can be updated in real-time and customized by each employee.
Through a coordinated development effort across a 30+ person team from multiple companies over 18 months, BlueModus implemented a Kentico platform, which now provides more than 150,000 employees access to information that’s customized to their individual jobs. For corporate communications, its’ an engaging and cost-effective way to share information—7,900 pages of content—with employees. It handles 10 million page views a month. And the group’s Story Effectiveness Index grew 6x year over year.
The HP News Now portal was awarded best Intranet Site of the Year by Kentico.
Impinj came to BlueModus looking to redesign their website on Kentico Xperience 12 while better showcasing their products, partner solutions, and library of content across multiple languages.
Impinj wanted to see their updated brand vision brought to life with an enhanced user experience that supported their customers and partners, while showcasing their valuable library of content by industry. Additionally, Impinj needed to present in-language experience for 9 languages and enable further localization in over 80 countries.
BlueModus started with content planning to ensure Impinj’s hundreds of pages of existing content would display by relationship throughout relevant areas of the website. Kentico Xperience’s Categories supported the robust library content, while MVC’s content-first framework allowed for alternate presentations of the same underlying content. Kentico's built-in Multilingual workflows provided value for supporting 9 localized versions of the website across global regions.
Winner of a Kentico Site of the Year Award, BlueModus created a website for InnovAge to drive qualified leads and personalize content.
InnovAge’s current site had a lot of great information, but was hard to navigate. Functionally, the site was outdated and did not drive leads. They needed a better conversion and sales funnel. Additionally, in four states and looking to expand, they needed a system that would personalize content to their different audiences.
- Kentico was used as a .NET platform that could integrate with several required systems, as well as provide the marketing and personalization tools InnovAge desired.
- Geolocation was implemented to allow personalization of site content based on the provider region detected for each visitor.
- Site engagement is way up after launch, with a 51% increase in page views, and 77% increase in pages per session.
- The site was awarded Best Healthcare Site in Kentico's Annual Site of the Year Awards.
The International Society of Automation (ISA)
The International Society of Automation (ISA) went through a full restructuring of their digital ecosystem and selected Kentico Xperience due to its ability to easily integrate with other systems and the simple authoring experience needed for their small marketing staff.
The largest challenge BlueModus faced was integrating ISA’s new Association Management System - Fonteva - to deliver a seamless experience for members to register, renew, and purchase new training and certifications. The selected CMS - Kentico Xperience - needed to provide a simple and effective way to display their large offering of training classes, certifications, and standards while delivering an easy experience for members to complete their transactions. Whenever projects require coordination and integration with multiple systems and teams - inherently schedules and dependencies can present challenges. This project was no exception. Coordinating and testing the full user experience across multiple systems proved to be the biggest hurdle.
BlueModus followed a rapid-development mentality throughout the project, so as requirements in other systems we were integrating emerged, we were able to quickly update code within Kentico Xperience to meet the changing needs of the client. Additionally, utilizing Kentico Xperience's natural decoupled nature within MVC enabled better authoring experience that delivered a strong UX despite the multiple systems - including Fonteva, Salesforce, LearnUpon, and a third-party search.
Investments & Wealth Institute
BlueModus created a newly branded and integrated platform for the Institute that consolidated its e-marketing and automation efforts.
The existing Institute site had a lot of poorly organized legacy content. In addition to needing a newly branded platform that would consolidate e-marketing and automation efforts, they desired a CMS capable of decentralizing site production and editing, to give ownership of relevant sections to each department.
- BlueModus migrated the site from Drupal to Kentico EMS, providing a refreshed brand on a mobile friendly site.
- Kentico provided a more easily manageable system, with the ability to have a distributed workflow and more content contributors and editors.
- The Institute saw a cost savings by consolidating marketing and automation efforts to a single EMS platform.
- A better integration with Abila netFORUM was achieved.
I'm the Answer to Cancer
BlueModus, using Kentico's marketing features, developed a consumer-friendly online destination for users to learn about immunotherapy.
BlueModus was engaged to develop a consumer-friendly online destination and resource to foster broader public knowledge and experience for the cancer community, enabling users to easily navigate and learn about immunotherapy.
- BlueModus built an engagement path through the website, using Kentico marketing features, such as private messaging, content personalization, and newsletter marketing
- The well-defined user workflow prompts visitors to interact with site features
- Users are encouraged to sign up for the site through content personalization, then further engage by sharing their personal story, or by becoming an advocate on the site
Joffrey's Coffee & Tea
Using Kentico EMS, BlueModus developed e-marketing campaigns to recover abandoned carts, drive loyalty and re-activate Joffrey's customers.
Joffrey’s, selling truly exceptional coffee and tea for over 30 years, desired an online gateway for enthusiasts to learn more about Joffrey’s premium products and provide an easy guest shopping experience.
- BlueModus took over support of the Joffrey’s store website from another solution partner, including an upgrade to Kentico 8.2, paying off technical debt, stabilizing the site and integrating their Great Plains accounting system with their store, eliminating manual double-entry
- Developed e-marketing campaigns using Kentico EMS to recover abandoned carts, driving loyalty and re-activating customers
- Cart recovery grew +25%, sell-through grew +10%
LivaNova came to BlueModus to support and enhance both their existing public-facing and intranet websites, which are built leveraging the Kentico Xperience Content Management System.
LivaNova’s public-facing website and intranet were built by a different Kentico Xperience implementor. These implementations were not easy for LivaNova’s content editors to maintain and make changes. LivaNova came to BlueModus to upgrade on Kentico Xperience 12 Portal Engine, but also to help make their overall implementation easier for content editors – all while keeping in mind, they would later be migrating to Kentico Xperience MVC.
BlueModus and LivaNova decided to take a unique and cost-saving approach to all changes knowing that LivaNova will eventually be migrating to Kentico Xperience MVC. With every new feature BlueModus built, we not only created a better content editor experience but made these changes, so they could port to MVC. For example, LivaNova’s new product template for its public-facing website was built for Portal Engine but utilizes widgets and structures that will later easily port to MVC.
With their news and news listing templates in their Intranet (Edge), we introduced MVC’s page types and content modeling. This allows them to now have different types of news and a dynamic news listing page. Additionally, they could now publish an article once and have it populated in multiple places within Edge. Previously they were recreating this content multiple times to post in multiple locations. Additionally, we restructured LivaNova’s media libraries to allow for easier use by content editors and greater readability by users.
Mainfreight wanted to increase user engagement, simplify its messaging and content, improve ease of use for editors, and establish a strong foundation for future Marketing initiatives on its global site – while migrating from a custom CMS to the MVC version of Kentico Xperience.
Mainfreight had a large amount of “loosely” structured content that was in multiple languages for different regions all over the world. Migrating the content from the existing custom CMS to the new CMS proved to be a large undertaking.
BlueModus first determined which content could be migrated in an automated fashion and which content would require manual entry. The automated content required manual review, editing and formatting after it was loaded, but it still reduced the time involved for full manual entry. The project also required unique, 3rd-party custom API builds to provide real-time data and content into Kentico Xperience. Finally, BlueModus trained the Mainfreight team to use Kentico’s out-of-the-box Translation feature to assist with fulfilling the multiple language requirements.
BlueModus migrated MGMA to a responsive Kentico site, including moving and organizing over 10,000 pieces of content.
MGMA was using an unstable, fragmented CMS that offered limited options for growth. The team was ready for a reliable and extensible platform to serve as a solid foundation for future projects. Among its priorities, the team wanted the new platform to handle huge amounts of content, provide a customizable e-commerce shopping cart and deliver responsive layouts for an improved mobile experience.
MGMA and BlueModus migrated the association’s website to the Kentico CMS, taking advantage of the CMS’s built-in taxonomy feature and creating a logical folder structure that organized all 10,000 pieces of content. Our solution also incorporated Kentico’s e-commerce, responsive design, and online marketing features—for a future-ready platform, which we continue to support today.
National Data Center
BlueModus utilized Kentico's email campaign, customization, and personalization features to successfully market to new prospects for NDC.
NDC had built the B2B side of their business but needed assistance in reaching out to the consumers who used their products and resources. They wished to capture more subscribers as well as educate them about their array of products.
- An email campaign was created to reach out to customers. Personalization was used extensively, to help connect recipients to the NDC. Workflow automation fully managed the series of messages for easy deployment.
- Kentico’s EMS platform provides a custom experience for each user. Website flow and messaging changes based on macros from known customer data.
- NDC’s initial campaign has seen an impressive 10% conversion rate from their initial marketing list, with analytic data of results continuing to optimize this number even further.
National Jewish Health
In a smooth launch, BlueModus moved all of NJH's websites to the Kentico platform to create and maintain a best-in-class web presence.
The web team at National Jewish Health (NJH) was tied to an old custom CMS that wasn’t working for them. It limited their ability to consolidate their platforms, add responsive layouts and update their site without vendor help. And, since it was healthcare-specific, the license fees were high. The team needed to modernize its platform—with minimal disruption—before starting their site-wide redesign.
Working side-by-side with NJH’s developers, BlueModus moved all of their websites to the Kentico CMS platform—an affordable, fully supported CMS with responsive design capabilities. In a smooth, on-time launch, NJH gained both the working knowledge and the modern platform they needed to create and maintain a best-in-class web presence.
Navitus Health Solutions
Using Kentico 12's MVC framework model, BlueModus met tight project deadlines to deliver an updated, content-rich modern site for Navitus.
Navitus had an outdated site, from both a technological and design perspective. They needed a greater marketing and lead-generation focus, to make their web presence the center of their evolving digital marketing strategy, without sacrificing the utility existing users were used to.
- BlueModus developed an updated site with a modern design, improved functionality and access to essential information to help benefit purchasers make well-informed decisions.
- Tight project deadlines were met using Kentico 12’s MVC framework model, allowing for concurrent front-end and back-end development of the site.
- The new site saw dramatic increases in organic search-based traffic due to implementation of higher quality technical SEO and more site content, including whitepapers, articles, case studies, and more.
Options Clearing Corporation
Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) looked to BlueModus to implement a more modern design and enhanced user interface for theocc.com, allowing users to complete tasks with greater ease and less confusion.
Along with a more modern design and enhanced user experience, the OCC wanted to utilize the redesign to upgrade to the latest version of Kentico Xperience, as well as create an easy administrative experience for their content management team that enabled users to edit and publish content in a secure and authorized manner. Additionally, they wanted to present OCC trade reporting in a responsive layout that would allow users to quickly find data pertinent to making trading decisions.
BlueModus focused heavily on the information architecture phase of the project to ensure we not only understood how OCC’s stakeholders wanted to present data and interact with their users but most of all how OCC’s users wanted to interact with theocc.com We felt it was critical the site’s presentation layer reflects the needs of actual users. In the end, BlueModus worked alongside OCC to create a website with a clean, modern interface that allowed users to quickly navigate to trading data, press releases, information memos, and other news with expandable navigation that allowed quick searches.
In addition to creating easy administrative processes for OCC’s Content Management Team, the need for greater security protocols as it related to publishing from the content management system – Kentico Xperience – was a must. To solve this, BlueModus developed strong workflows, code reviews, and pen testing protocols to ensure the OCC’s complex security needs were fulfilled for OCC’s IT & Security team.
Options Industry Conference
BlueModus delivered a new event site for OIC site on time, under budget, and with even greater functionality than originally expected.
The Options Industry Conference, the premier gathering for options professionals, needed to move its events site to Kentico quickly because they faced security issues with their existing WordPress platform.
- BlueModus delivered the site not only on time, but also under budget, with even greater functionality than originally expected.
- A series of agile sprints and a phased launch plan helped meet tight deadlines.
- The responsive and secure Kentico site was integrated with Pardot and designed to match the new branding of the conference.
- Kentico forms were specially configured to allow content managers to easily update the conference agenda.
Options Industry Council
OIC required a migration to Kentico, to improve site maintainability and security. BlueModus used agile development to meet tight deadlines.
The Options Industry Council (OIC) is an industry resource providing educational resources allowing users to understand options. In order to improve site security, ease of use, and maintainability, OIC needed to migrate their website and all its content from Adobe Experience Manager. Deadlines were tight due to expiring software licenses.
- In a series of agile sprints, BlueModus securely migrated OIC’s site, content, and users to the Kentico platform.
- The site was integrated with Salesforce to manage contacts and event registration, with Pardot for marketing efforts, and with TradeAlert to provide an up-to-date stock ticker.
- In order to free up local IT resources, OIC’s hosting was transitioned to cloud-based Azure hosting.
- The Kentico platform now allows for non-technical staff to perform content updates.
As a unique solution, BlueModus leveraged Kentico EMS as a headless content endpoint, allowing Patterson to keep using their existing eCommerce system.
Patterson inherited several sites running on Kentico, however they were deeply embedded with a sophisticated .NET Core application that managed their existing sites and supported their eCommerce. They needed a solution compatible with their existing framework.
- BlueModus provided Patterson with a unique, complex integration. It leveraged Kentico EMS as a headless content endpoint that could provide non-Commerce site content, but still allowed them to continue using their existing eCommerce system.
- The Kentico integration provides Patterson’s marketing team with greater freedom to update non-product areas of the site than they previously had. It allows them to create more promotional content, build new pages, enable personalization, and ultimately revamp the user experience, all with no assistance from their IT department.
Radio Free America
Radio Free America engaged BlueModus to create a social community music website requiring numerous complex technical integrations.
Radio Free America desired a social community website where DJs and listeners could connect and share content. Starting from scratch, the project posed numerous technical challenges and required numerous complex integrations.
- BlueModus, starting with only basic client concepts, and using an agile approach via multiple product releases, built an entirely new product website where all pages were built using Kentico templates and a combination of Kentico and custom web parts
- A custom back-end module was built to manage many aspects of the site
- Custom integration with numerous technologies and features allowed for a unique site interface
BlueModus relaunched Revolution Golf's four legacy sites into a modern and engaging Kentico site complete with e-commerce capability.
Revolution Golf’s previous solution consisted of four disparate websites. They needed a modern, engaging, and exciting site, that could have the power to integrate the legacy solutions, including an e-commerce system, into a single platform.
BlueModus built a Kentico site that made use of nearly every feature within the Kentico system, highly customized to provide the exact experience RG needed.
- Immediate spike in website traffic
- Reduced operational costs in running a single system
- High engagement and positive feedback from users
- Seamlessly integrated legacy e-commerce system
- EMS drives underlying analytics and user profiling
BlueModus, in a migration from SharePoint to Kentico 12 MVC EMS, designed and developed a brand new award-winning site for RILA.
RILA’s site design did not align with its audience’s needs. It was outdated, had challenging, clunky navigation, and was limited in its ability to edit site content or use personalization. The existing site also struggled in terms of analytics and testing capabilities.
- BlueModus, in a migration from SharePoint to Kentico 12 MVC EMS, designed and developed a brand new site, which won an a a 2019 Kentico Site of the Year award.
- The new Kentico EMS platform offered a comprehensive CMS as well as advanced marketing and personalization functionalities.
- Positive results include a strong increase in user time on site, decreased bounce rates, plus the flexibility of the Kentico 12 MVC editing experience has been a huge time saver for the customer.
The BlueModus team architected a new platform for Quantum Sails, integrating it with a homegrown inventory and customer management system.
Quantum Sails undertook an extensive branding and software development project, to bring e-commerce capabilities to their product catalogue and introduce a stunning new web design.
- The team architected, built, and deployed a new responsive platform, while integrating with Quantum Sails’ homegrown inventory and customer management system
- Integrated with a proprietary e-commerce system (QES) so logged-in users can track orders, history, and more
- Implemented a multi-media resource library as well as a forum and commenting tools for building community
BlueModus helped QuitLogix convert its existing site to a base portal that could be duplicated and customized for each regional program.
QuitLogix needed to convert its site to an interactive coaching portal, which needed to be built using a hub and spoke model: An initial base site that could be duplicated and then customized for each regional program, over 40 sites in all.
- BlueModus implemented its custom site copy tool, designed to easily and quickly replicate all site pages, content, assets, media libraries, and settings into each new client templated website
- The site was fully integrated with both a custom API and the QuitLogix back-end system
- New spoke versions of the site can now be launched in as little as 90 minutes by non-technical staff
BlueModus stabilized and upgraded Scrum Alliance's troubled website, fixing marketing integrations and previously incomplete features.
Scrum Alliance had a complex website that interfaced with in-house association and learning management systems, but initial launch had failed to meet expectations, due in large part to limited functionality of the then-new EMS components in Kentico version 7. The site was unstable and feature-incomplete.
- BlueModus adopted the project, and quickly was able to stabilize the site and do a basic integration with Marketo, so that online marketing activities could continue
- Over the next year, the site was upgraded to the more EMS robust Kentico v8.2; the majority of incomplete features from the original build were integrated; and numerous new features were added to interface with back-office systems, as well as to open up new revenue-generating opportunities for the association
BlueModus quickly launched SkyKick's new digital presence directly into Kentico as an Azure-based cloud management product platform.
SkyKick was quickly growing beyond 5,000 global partners—and out of its existing platform. The development team needed an upgrade that was powerful and flexible enough to scale with the evolving business. The platform needed to integrate with their existing portal. And they needed agile development for fast delivery.
BlueModus worked side-by-side with the SkyKick team to implement a Kentico CMS. We kept the process flexible to minimize overhead and maximize SkyKick’s decision-making control and speed. In the end, we quickly launched their new digital presence, including custom portal functionality, directly into Kentico as an Azure-based cloud management product platform.
BlueModus delivered a rebranded and modernized Kentico site for SmartMove, resulting in higher traffic and substantially increased lead revenue.
SmartMove, CableMover’s jointly-funded lead referral website, required a fast and accurate user experience that could smoothly integrate with their address verification service, account for multi-lingual consumers, and provide extensive reporting, analytics, and testing capabilities.
- BlueModus cleaned up code and modernized the original Kentico implementation, including a a rebranding with the new SmartMove design.
- Lead traffic is properly routed, using an address verification service, to each of the 11 Multi-System Operators (MSOs) integrated with the site.
- User traffic has improved significantly, resulting in a substantial increase in lead revenue.
- Kentico’s optimization features, including analytics reporting, A/B testing capabilities, and personalization, have allowed the site to flourish.
Using Kentico, BlueModus created a platform for Smiths that merged three existing sites into one new, multi-language, responsive website.
Smiths Interconnect—part of Smiths Group, a leading provider of electronic components, needed to merge three existing sites into one new, multi-language, responsive website, that would reflect the company’s new brand and allow staff to manage site content in one system.
- Using Kentico CMS, BlueModus focused on creating a site that not only merged content from the three existing sites into one central location, but also focused on responsive design, integrated the system with Salesforce, and took advantage of Kentico’s multi-lingual capabilities.
- This enabled the sales staff to use product display on tablets to assist in sales, administrators to edit all content in one user interface, and site content to be offered in multiple languages to serve a wider audience.
BlueModus worked closely with the SME team to resolve major functionality issues with their login and account creation processes.
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) was having problems with their Personify integration, and their customers were having issues logging in to the website and accessing their accounts.
- BlueModus worked closely with the SME team to identify and prioritize roadblocking issues as it related to Personify, and helped their team resolve some major functionality issues within the login and account creation processes
- As a result of these updates, SME was able to reclaim the use and ownership of their site and its functions
BlueModus delivered an updated site on Kentico Xperience 12 MVC that showcased Truliant’s brand with a strong mobile-first design approach.
With more and more of its customers engaging with Truliant online and in particular from mobile devices, Truliant needed a website that worked well across devices for tasks ranging from logging into online banking to scheduling appointments and making payments. Additionally, Truliant wanted to ensure that their site was accessible to all members which made ADA accessibility a key driver as well.
BlueModus led Truliant through a mobile-first design approach, where we started with creating wireframes and designs that are optimized to ensure that mobile users had an easy experience completing their most common tasks. We then leveraged these designs to create a full web experience, which was coupled with running ADA compliance scans to help ensure increased accessibility for all users across the site. This improved user-experience was then integrated in Kentico Xperience’s Version 12, which uses MVC Architecture.
UBB engaged BlueModus for a new site with an innovative look, improved UX and SEO, ability to cross-sell services, and personalization.
United Bankers’ Bank (UBB), the first Bankers' Bank in the United States, wanted a site redesign with an innovative, customer-friendly look, improved UX, the ability to cross-sell complimentary services, improved SEO and personalization based on IP address.
- BlueModus embraced the power of built-in Kentico features for templates, document types, categories, product relationships, media libraries, and newsletters.
- MaxMind capabilities were utilized so when a visitor hits any page on the site, they are delivered to the appropriate representative for their territory, based on their geolocated IP.
- Multiple back end roles were created, allowing UBB to operate flawlessly within banking industry rules and regulations.
United Heritage Credit Union
BlueModus works with UHCU under our Strategic Services practice providing ongoing enhancements and new features for their credit union website.
After a successful launch of a redesigned website on Kentico Xperience in 2019, UHCU knew that retaining its leading presence in the competitive Austin credit union market would take diligence. Rather than resting on their laurels with an award-winning website, UHCU wanted to continue to grow membership, help guide existing members into their financial products, as well as support business-driven communication, integration, and marketing needs on the website.
The solution begins with strategy and planning. BlueModus and UHCU worked together post-launch to build out a robust backlog of enhancements and feature updates to support on-going business goals. Since their business priorities can change quickly, the teams meet each month to ensure current efforts are still on target, prioritize short-term improvement goals, and continually evaluate upcoming trends, ideas and anticipate longer-term needs. Together, UHCU and BlueModus partner to ensure all of UHCU’s digital strategic needs are continually met.
University of Colorado
CU needed to migrate 30K+ pages from an existing Sharepoint customer portal, including many independent departments, to a new Sitefinity CMS.
The University of Colorado team had an increasingly difficult-to-manage SharePoint system, given the growth of their organization. They needed to migrate more than 30K pages from an existing customer portal, including numerous independent departments, to a new Sitefinity CMS.
- Infrastructure was created to allow each department to clean up and migrate their own content to the new system.
- The custom implementation allows site sync to work properly across more than 60 sites, all from one management console, yet still gives each department total control over their specific area of the site.
- Sitefinity was customized to leverage the existing single-sign on solution to help manage users, permissions, and security for the entire organization.
- Larger assets like videos were seamlessly integrated with a third-party Content Delivery Network (CDN).
Veterans First Mortgage
BlueModus assisted Veterans First with their unstable Kentico site, fixing many issues and adding features under a consistent budget.
Veterans First Mortgage, a lender exclusively serving the armed forces, had a beautiful website that suffered from a poor Kentico implementation. The site was highly unstable, and numerous features were never implemented due to cost overruns on the original build.
- BlueModus collaborated with a marketing agency to add templates and elements to match the client’s original design vision
- The lead generation flow was enhanced, including custom landing pages, analytics and lead management tools
- As new features are added, BlueModus continues the re-factoring of poorly implemented code
- All services provided under a consistent budget and pace that aligns with online revenue plans
BlueModus provided an integrated solution for VinSolutions, allowing auto dealers to manage marketing content, campaigns, and automation.
VinSolutions wanted to release a new SaaS product that would allow auto dealers to manage marketing content, campaigns and automation, while also tying into their inventory and dealer back-office solution.
- BlueModus provided a solution that fully integrated with VinSolutions’ back-office products.
- Automated deployment and setup wizards allowed sites to be provisioned in real-time by customers
- Development model allowed front-end developers to revamp templates and layouts without needing back-end developers
- Capable of provisioning, launching, and supporting of hundreds of sites per instance of Kentico
Virtuoso engaged BlueModus to assist with a variety of development, consulting, bug fixes, and implementation-based activities.
Virtuoso originally engaged BlueModus in a staff augmentation model which quickly evolved into a wider consultative engagement in which the BlueModus team was able to assist with a much wider set of initiatives.
- A co-development model was utilized to collaborate with Virtuoso to remediate and upgrade their website.
- A widget framework template model was created that client could easily replicate.
- BlueModus provided high-level consulting and best practice approaches for creation of stored procedures, scheduled tasks, performance, and more.
- We integrated directly into the client’s delivery model to augment for development, consulting, bug fixes, and implementation-based activities.
BlueModus created a site for Xenotech that allowed customers to compare and order custom products, integrated with an existing ERP system.
XenoTech, a leader in in-vitro drug research, engaged BlueModus to help create a site that would provide their customers with precise sample information, the ability to order custom products with purchase orders and integrate with their existing ERP system.
- Using a hierarchical structure, BlueModus created a free-form method to add specific metadata to individual product lines, allowing e-commerce managers to maintain them without specific scientific knowledge.
- Dynamic comparison of different products included the ability for customers to download custom product characteristic sheets.
- The integration of online marketing features allowed customers to easily select areas of interest and have their data pushed to Salesforce for sales follow-up.