Senior QA Engineer Job Description
Interested in applying? Email your resume to email@example.com with Senior QA Engineer in the subject line.
We are a fully remote technology agency - composed of colleagues who bring a daily commitment to transparency, efficiency, and helping. We approach our clients and colleagues with sincerity - and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with wholehearted teams.
Many companies talk about their awesome perks, flexible schedules, and cool events. We can, too. Great benefits, a 100% remote culture, ongoing training, and learning are part of BlueModus. But when you come to work here, you also become a part of an incredible team that we think separates us from other tech companies. We have created a culture that attracts bright, passionate, caring people who sincerely want to do their best for clients and each other.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be working on a small team of Full-Stack Developers, UX/UI Developers, Solution Leads/Software Architects, a Project Manager, and a Strategic Director/Account Manager to build and maintain websites, webstores, intranets, and web applications for a handful of clients.
You will assist the team by creating detailed test cases and plans and manually testing functionality. You will be verifying website user experience by validating layout and functionality against approved designs in all supported browsers. You will be scanning for web accessibility, search engine optimization (SEO), and performance issues. You will be writing detailed bug tickets and tracking identified issues while working with the team to ensure we are delivering a high-quality product to our clients.
If you have experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Assurance Tester, QA Analyst, Software Test Engineer, or Quality Coordinator - this may be the perfect role for you.
What We Love Finding:
- 5+ years of experience in acceptance, functional, regression, and smoke testing of web applications.
- 5+ years of experience writing and executing detailed test cases and plans.
- 2+ years of experience testing for a software development team that built websites and web applications using front and back-end technologies.
- Experience testing across multiple browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Experience with web accessibility, search engine optimization (SEO), and website performance.
- Experience utilizing an issue/bug tracking software, such as Atlassian’s Jira.
- Experience testing multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Experience testing web applications built using traditional and headless content management systems (CMS) such as Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, Sitefinity, and Contentstack.
- Experience working in an agency environment with multiple clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface directly with clients.
- Ability to thrive in an independent environment.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary between $90,000 to $110,000 based on experience and annual increases based on performance.
- Ability to work fully remote at home – we are a 100% virtual company.
- Get the checkup you and your family need with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off, including 9 holidays and 20 vacation/flex days.
- A strong work/life balance with a focus that we all have - and should have - lives outside of work.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and 3% employer match.
- Challenging work with the opportunity to personally learn and grow.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities with conferences & training.
- A bright, passionate, caring team that holds each other accountable has each other’s backs.
- Whether you are an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours.
- Team-building fun days and other company-sponsored activities in different cities throughout the year.Interested in applying? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior QA Engineer in the subject.