Senior Project Manager Job Description
Interested in applying? Email your resume to email@example.com with Senior Project Manager in the subject line.
We are a fully remote technology agency - composed of colleagues who bring a daily commitment to transparency, efficiency, and helping. We approach our clients and colleagues with sincerity - and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with wholehearted teams.
Many companies talk about their awesome offices, flexible schedules, and cool events. We can, too. Great benefits, a 100% remote culture, ongoing training, and learning are part of BlueModus. But when you come to work here, you also become a part of an incredible team that we think separates us from other tech companies. We have created a culture that attracts bright, passionate, caring people who sincerely want to do their best for clients and each other.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leading client projects for medium to large website, webstore, and intranet builds leveraging content management systems (CMS), including Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, Sitefinity, and Contentstack.
- Contributing to an agile project team consisting of Designers, UX/UI Developers, Web Developers, Solution Leads, Projects Managers, and Strategists to help understand and document client requirements, estimate work, develop new solutions, and enhance existing solutions. Working with the project team to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Owning client relationships and ensuring frequent and transparent communication on the status of projects.
- Creating status reports and presenting status to clients, including timely escalating scope, timeline, or budget issues.
- Leading daily project team stand-up focused on monitoring work efforts, accountability, and removing roadblocks.
- Planning team allocation needs and project team assignments.
- Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and team allocations as necessary.
- Forecasting expected revenue by each project.
- Approving project invoices before distribution to clients.
- Promoting and collaborating on our development and coding best practices.
What You Need:
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise-level application development projects.
- 5+ years of experience utilizing project management software, such as Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence, Azure DevOps, Trello, or Basecamp.
- 2+ years of experience working on a project team in an agency environment with multiple clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interface and communicate with clients, including top-level management and key stakeholders.
- Ability to have intelligent conversations regarding project requirements and objectives with technical and non-technical staff; conveying requirements to the technical team to set development objectives and technical terms to non-technical clients.
- Experience managing and organizing several work streams with different priorities.
- Experience allocating teams to complete projects within timeline, budget, and scope.
- Ability to create alternative solutions to allocation, time, and budget constraints.
- Experience creating, monitoring, and updating project plans.
- Experience removing roadblocks and mitigating identified risks.
- Willingness and ability to make difficult, complex decisions.
- Ability to maintain a positive work attitude.
What We Love Finding:
- PMP, CSM, CSPO, or other project management-appropriate certifications.
- Self-starter, who demonstrates personal initiative.
- High personal work standards, honest, and trustworthiness.
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Fun, enthusiastic, dynamic personality.
- Willingness to help others.
- Competitive salary between $85,000 to $105,000, with annual increases based on performance.
- Ability to work fully remote at home – we are a 100% virtual company.
- Get the checkup you and your family need with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off, including 9 holidays and 20 vacation/flex days.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and 3% employer match.
- Team building “fun” days and other company-sponsored activities in different cities throughout the year.
- Whether you are an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities with conferences & training.