Senior Project Manager Job Description
Interested in applying? Email your resume to email@example.com with Senior Project Manager in the subject line.
We are a fully remote technology agency - composed of colleagues who bring a daily commitment to transparency, efficiency, and helping. We approach our clients and colleagues with sincerity - and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with wholehearted teams.
Many companies talk about their awesome perks, flexible schedules, and cool events. We can, too. Great benefits, a 100% remote culture, ongoing training, and learning are part of BlueModus. But when you come to work here, you also become a part of an incredible team that we think separates us from other tech companies. We have created a culture that attracts bright, passionate, caring people who sincerely want to do their best for clients and each other.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work alongside an account manager, who serves as product owner and captures the business requirements, and a solution lead, who serves as the software architect and focuses on providing the technical requirements and leading the developers. As a co-leader on projects, you will empower the project team to be successful and provide guidance and recommendations to clients to provide solutions and build trust.
You must have previous experience managing enterprise-level web projects with a preference for those who have worked in an agency environment with multiple clients and competing priorities. You must be someone who likes working concurrently with 10 to 12 mid to large clients and work with the project team to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations. You must be someone who likes building genuine relationships with clients and being their champion while motivating the project team to rally around shared goals to create good client outcomes.
You will be providing frequent and transparent communication on the status of projects. You will plan team allocation, focus project budgets, and approve project invoices. You will be leading daily project team stand-up focused on monitoring work efforts, accountability, and removing roadblocks. Finally, you must be someone who loves doing all of this in a fast-paced, agency environment where priorities change often.
What We Love Finding:
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise-level application development projects.
- 5+ years of experience utilizing project management software, such as Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence, Azure DevOps, Trello, or Basecamp.
- 2+ years of experience working on a project team in an agency environment with multiple clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interface and communicate with clients, including top-level management and key stakeholders.
- Ability to have intelligent conversations regarding project requirements and objectives with technical and non-technical staff; conveying requirements to the technical team to set development objectives and technical terms to non-technical clients.
- Experience managing and organizing several work streams with different priorities.
- Experience allocating teams to complete projects within timeline, budget, and scope.
- Ability to create alternative solutions to allocation, time, and budget constraints.
- Experience creating, monitoring, and updating project plans.
- Experience removing roadblocks and mitigating identified risks.
- Willingness and ability to make difficult, complex decisions.
- Ability to maintain a positive work attitude.
- PMP, CSM, CSPO, or other project management-appropriate certifications.
- Self-starter, who demonstrates personal initiative.
- High personal work standards, honesty, and trustworthiness.
- Willingness to help others.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary between $100,000 to $120,000 based on experience and annual increases based on performance.
- Ability to work fully remote at home – we are a 100% virtual company.
- Get the checkup you and your family need with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off, including 9 holidays and 20 vacation/flex days.
- A strong work/life balance with a focus that we all have - and should have - lives outside of work.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and 3% employer match.
- Challenging work with the opportunity to personally learn and grow.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities with conferences & training.
- A bright, passionate, caring team that holds each other accountable and has each other’s backs.
- Whether you are an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours.
- Team-building fun days and other company-sponsored activities in different cities throughout the year.
Interested in applying? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Project Manager in the subject.