In mid-2023, we decided to redesign our company website, www.bluemodus.com. It had been five years since our last overhaul, and we felt it was time for a fresh look, an improved user experience, and updated content. However, choosing our website’s content management system (CMS) presented an exciting challenge. As a technology agency, we work with all the major .NET content management systems and digital experience platforms (DXP) currently available in the market for our clients, including Kentico, Kontent.ai, Sitecore, Sitefinity, and Umbraco.
After careful consideration, we opted for Kentico’s latest offering, the hybrid headless digital experience platform (DXP) known as Xperience by Kentico. Our team’s familiarity with Kentico influenced our choice, as we are the largest implementer of Kentico websites, web stores, and intranets worldwide. But more than anything, we were eager to explore their recently launched hybrid headless platform. We understood that some of our existing and potential new clients would want to transition to Kentico’s newest platform, making it vital for our team to familiarize themselves with it. Therefore, we decided to use our website as a testing ground.
Our experience with Kentico’s new platform has been highly positive, and our team identified several key benefits that we would like to share with others considering this platform. Here are the top five benefits that our team frequently mentioned (although there were many more):
- Speed to Market: Xperience by Kentico’s hybrid headless architecture offers a faster and more flexible implementation approach, thanks to a rich set of pre-built capabilities and APIs that simplify integrations. This allowed us to get our website up and running quickly and with fewer developers involved. In fact, we designed and replatformed our site in a few weeks.
- Marketing Tools: Like other Kentico platforms, Xperience by Kentico includes a comprehensive set of multichannel marketing tools, enabling us to integrate third-party tools seamlessly.
- Fast Deployments: Xperience by Kentico can be installed in as little as 10 minutes using NuGet packages, with deployment requiring an additional 10 minutes.
- No More Extensive Upgrades: The revamped architecture separating the CMS from the Website will make future upgrades very straightforward. And, with an Xperience by Kentico SaaS subscription, Kentico’s monthly refreshes update our existing implementation with all the latest features and capabilities. This translates into significant time and cost savings for us, eliminating the need for extensive development work.
- Built for Growth: The platform provided us with the necessary capabilities for our immediate needs and built-in flexibility for future growth. This ensures that we can seamlessly expand Xperience by Kentico as our requirements evolve.
“I've been in the technology industry for over two decades, and Xperience by Kentico is truly an exceptional platform. Its flexibility, ease of use, and speed to market are game-changers. As a technology enthusiast, I was thrilled to see how it empowered our team to deliver. I look forward to the outstanding digital experiences it will bring to our marketing team. It's not just a platform; it's a catalyst for innovation,” shared Mike Wills, Vice President of Technology at BlueModus.
BlueModus' decision to transition its company website to Xperience by Kentico underscores the platform's current capabilities and offers a future-proof solution for our digital needs. With a focus on flexibility, ease of use, and adaptability, Xperience by Kentico is a powerful tool for companies seeking to excel in the competitive digital landscape. We invite you to explore www.bluemodus.com, and if you would like to take a behind-the-scenes tour of our website, please don't hesitate to reach out.