Strategic Director Job Description
Interested in applying? Email your resume to email@example.com with Strategic Director in the subject line.
We are a fully remote technology agency - composed of colleagues who bring a daily commitment to transparency, efficiency, and helping. We approach our clients and colleagues with sincerity - and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with wholehearted teams.
Many companies talk about their awesome perks, flexible schedules, and cool events. We can, too. Great benefits, a 100% remote culture, ongoing training, and learning are part of BlueModus. But when you come to work here, you also become a part of an incredible team that we think separates us from other tech companies. We have created a culture that attracts bright, passionate, caring people who sincerely want to do their best for clients and each other.
What You Will Be Doing:
It takes someone special for this role as you must be a mix of Product Owner, Account Manager, and Digital Strategist - all in one.
You must have previous experience building enterprise-level websites, webstores, intranets, or web applications either as a Product Owner, Product Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager, Account Manager, Sales Engineer, Business Analyst, Scrum Master, Digital Strategist, or Technologist with a preference for those who have worked in an agency environment with multiple clients and competing priorities. You must be someone who likes working concurrently with 10 to 12 mid to large clients to help define business requirements, create stories, and prioritize backlogs, and then work with an agile project team consisting of a project manager, technical architect, designers, developers, and QA to ensure they are turning those stories into deliverables that meet client expectations. You must be someone who likes building genuine relationships with clients and being their champion while motivating the project team to rally around shared goals to create good client outcomes. You must be a strategic consultant continually helping our clients build roadmaps to help prioritize what comes next. Finally, you must be someone who loves doing all of this in a fast-paced, agency environment where priorities change often.
It is challenging but incredibly rewarding because you are surrounded by innovative, thoughtful, dedicated technologists who love to build great things.
What We Love Finding:
- 7+ years of experience in account management, project management, or similar work.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise-level application development projects.
- 3+ years of experience working in an agency environment with multiple clients.
- Balance of business and technology backgrounds.
- Ability to interface and communicate with clients, including top-level management and key stakeholders.
- Ability to have intelligent conversations regarding project requirements and objectives with technical and non-technical staff; conveying requirements to the technical team to set development objectives and technical terms to non-technical clients.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing and organizing several work streams with different priorities.
- Willingness and ability to make difficult, complex decisions.
- Assumes responsibility and ownership.
- Fun, enthusiastic, dynamic personality.
- Willingness to help others.
- Ability to maintain a positive work attitude.
- Ability to work with other people and teams.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary between $105,000 to $125,000 based on experience and annual increases based on performance.
- Ability to work fully remote at home – we are a 100% virtual company.
- Get the checkup you and your family need with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off, including 9 holidays and 20 vacation/flex days.
- A strong work/life balance with a focus that we all have - and should have - lives outside of work.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and 3% employer match.
- Challenging work with the opportunity to personally learn and grow.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities with conferences & training.
- A bright, passionate, caring team that holds each other accountable has each other’s backs.
- Whether you are an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours.
- Team-building fun days and other company-sponsored activities in different cities throughout the year.
Interested in applying? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Strategic Director in the subject.